Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A new knitting year

Happy New Year!


I had a severe case of finish-itis for the last month or two, pulling UFOs out of bags and getting them done.  The oldest one (I think) was this sweater, started at least three years ago:

The back and 1.5 fronts were done; just needed a .5 front and a couple of sleeves.  And miles of icord finishing.  Now it's waiting for buttons.  One day I'll decide to wear it and, zoom, those buttons will go on. 

Then there was the three-color Carson shawl out of Sophie's Toes sock yarn:

Also finished my first Viajante poncho/shawl/thingie, but no photo yet.


And under the heading of almost-finished is Phiaro out of a skein of Handmaiden Rumple and Art Yarns ensemble light:
I've made Phiaro twice before and gifted both.  Keeping this one. 


You know what comes after finish-itis, right?  Yep, start-itis.  Started another Viajante yesterday out of some stash yarn that sparkles:





And Midnight Ocean out of some gradient yarn originally bought for this.  Love the yarn, got bored with the pattern, thus the switch to Midnight Ocean.  Right now it looks like this:




And I'm thinking seriously of creating a sock yarn blanket out of this plus a few other colors of same (Janet says more is on its way):
 (If you're in the area, see you this Saturday afternoon for the KAL.)


It never ceases to amaze and please me that we can start with nothing but an idea and come up with items to love and cuddle us.  I love my stash.  It's my paintbox. My palette.  Augmented by my LYS.

All best to all of you.
LK








No comments:

Post a Comment